Pages

Friday 20 September 2019

DFI te rā tuawhā

Tohatoha(verb) (-ina) to spread around, spread out, spread abroad, distribute, share, deal (cards). Not just LCS, but SLC, CLS and LSC etc. Today was about the use of a website to 'hook' (noun: matau) or entice people in, using a universal approach to designing learning and creating a multimodal website. I started a website with a focus on level 5 social studies, NZ history and Te Tiriti o Waitangi. Not having particular students in mind was the biggest disadvantage for me, but I have started gathering some text resources that may be of help to others. Click on the image to access the site.


2 comments:

  1. Really topical resource with New Zealand history becoming an offical requirement in schools. I have loved spending time learning about Te Tiriti and this time in our history. My question is why must the history start with the arrival of Europeans? Polynesian history is rich and expansive shouldn't our history in schools start there? Just a thought :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia ora Jenna, thanks for taking the time to look at the site and leave your comment. This was just a draft attempt given the very short time we had. But, I chose the topic because I believe in its absolute importance for every student. I have included a reading activity on Māori life and times before settlers, but didn't get anywhere near finished the whole range of reading activities. It is quite a challenge to design a t-shaped reading resource, and not an inquiry website. I am sure that if I had a class of students whose needs I knew very well, I would be able to create a much better range of reading resources.

      Delete